Welcome to Pongyi!
Pongyi is a guesthouse(hostel) aimed for short-stay budget travelers and backpackers. Pongyi is especially suited for those travelers looking for more atmospheric and authentically Japanese accommodation.
It is the first hostel available in Kanazawa, one of the oldest cities in Japan. Kanazawa suffered no damage during the Second World War which ensured the survival of its rich cultural heritage.
The guesthouse is within walking distance of Kanazawa Station and located by the beautiful Kuratsuki canal. All of Kanazawa’s sights are easily accessible from the guesthouse’s central location.
As a cozy little guest house Pongyi is clean, inexpensive and comfortable, with ２ dormitory style rooms and a Japanese style tatami-room. We look forward to having you as our guest!
*100 yen donation to aid children in Asia is included in the price.
- 5 minutes walk to the nearest Kanazawa Loop Bus stop (access to all major sights).
- 10 minutes walk to Omicho market
- 20 minutes walk to Kanazawa Castle Park and the adjacent Kenroku-En Garden, perhaps Kanazawa’s best loved sight and among the top three most scenic gardens in Japan.
- Located very close to a variety of restaurants (including Yakitori, etc.) and supermarkets.
- 1 minutes walk to the nearest convenience store.
Jun. 7, 2014 Kaga Hyakumangoku Festival<Fully booked>
The biggest festival in Ishikawa prefecture. There are spaces for anyone to dance in the parade.
* Guest House Pongyi will join the dancing parade (18:00 - 20:00) with our guests !
<Schedule> - for the first 11 persons ! -
AM9:00 Dressing Kimono
Lunch at popular cafe restaurant
Walking tour in Samurai District
Nabe(Japanese hot pot) party at our guesthouse
Participation fee: 10000yen (including rental Komono fee, lunch, nabe, accomodation fee !!!)
We recommend that you wear waterproof shoes or boots in Kanazawa for winter tourism.
There is a service available of free rain boots and umbrellas in the Information Center of Kanazawa Station at the East Exit.
Open : 9:00AM - 7:00PM
A Guest House is basically a type of hotel for travellers looking for budget accommodation or people looking for a short city break with cheap and easy accommodation.
The typical trademark of hostels is shared dormitories with bunk beds, and everything is self-service.
Address: 2-22 Rokumai-machi, Kanazawa, Ishikawa, Japan
Tel: 076-225-7369 (in Japan)
+81-76-225-7369 (from other country)